If you’ve begun your search to find your loved one the best care as they continue aging, and experiencing the health issues associated with getting older, you are not alone. Across the nation the demand for elder care is growing quickly, because people are living longer. Home Care Agency in Philadelphia, PA – At Aurora, we strive diligently to provide the best care possible to our clients.
Unfortunately longevity isn’t always assured of being fit as a fiddle. Our bodies become susceptible to things like:
- Eyesight deterioration
- Hearing loss
- Balance problems
- Cognitive confusion
Just to name a few.
In order to keep your loved one safe and happy, you have to make some tough decisions. Yes, you could become their caregiver, but the task is far bigger than you might initially think. Then there’s assisted living, which many people fight against. They don’t want to leave home and live around strangers, which is understandable.
What’s the solution? Choosing the right home care agency in Philadelphia, PA. But how do you begin looking?
Home Care Agency in Philadelphia, PA – Selection Questions
There are two types of questions you should ask agencies, personal and professional. Aurora a Home has highly-qualified personnel who can answer both.
Personal questions include things like:
- Do you have the ability to transport the individual, and under what conditions?
- Can you serve people with unique needs like Parkinson’s?
- Will your agency help with insurance questions?
- Can you help us in locating and installing medical equipment?
- What type of resources do you offer the family?
Examples of professional questions include:
- How long have you been providing service in Philadelphia, PA?
- What accreditation and/or certifications do you have?
- Can you give us a total breakout of feeds and funding sources?
- What are your criteria for hiring staff?
- Do your staff members receive training and education? If so what kind?
- How do you evaluate a person’s home care needs?
- Do you create personalized care plans and discuss them with the family, allowing for adjustments?
- What does a family do if their aide does not seem to be working out? What do YOU do in this situation?
- If someone calls off (or doesn’t show up) what is your procedure to get someone
- How does the agency protect patient confidentiality?
Last, but certainly not least, ask for references and actually use them. Check the Better Business Bureau ratings, too. You want to have total peace of mind before signing on the bottom line.
Not Simply for Aging in Place
People are increasingly selecting home care for recovering from short term issues. Even then, your family and friends might not be able to give you all the attention necessary considering their own responsibilities. Home care can be the perfect solution until you’re up and running again.
What Does a Home Caregiving Service Do?
If you boiled down home caregiving, the key word would be service. Service provides support, companionship, relief with daily living needs, medication coordination, helping with physician visits, and so much more. Aides respect your independence and privacy while protecting your dignity.
The Aurora at Home Difference: Home Care Agency in Philadelphia, PA
At Aurora, we strive diligently to provide the best care possible to our clients. We get to know you and your family, and honor changes as they come. When you are ready to learn more, you can contact us in any of our three offices:
Feasterville, PA 215-354-4444
Wyomissing, PA 610-375-1800
Lancaster, PA 717-200-1414
Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org.